[78-L] Lincoln Records

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:09:26 PDT 2010

A subsidiary of Cameo, which sold at SS Kresge stores for 25 cents. Lincoln sold for 25 cents at Woolworth's. You would think the Lincolns would be more plentiful, but no. I have been collecting Cameos for close to 40 years and I have only a few Lincolns.

Lincoln might be a source of alternate takes; I haven't observed any but I have found alternates from Cameo to Cameo. As far as I can tell, everything that came out on Lincoln also came out on Cameo at least until their absorption into ARC in 1928. Thereafter the Lincoln releases mirror the pool of ARC stuff until 1930 when both labels were dropped.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com