[78-L] TOPS artists (was Bud Roman..Who he?.. )

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 21:30:36 PDT 2010

The Jonny and Jack you mentioned:were they Johnny Wright(married to Kitty Wells)and Jack Anglin?Anglin was killed in a 1963 car wreck that Patsy Cline attended at the time of her death.I had a TOPS
45 of "Why,Baby,Why" and it was as good as the version I heard by George Jones.I don't see much
country on TOPS but I do see alot of '40s-'60s country on albums leased by Pickwick on labels like
Design,Stereo Spectrum and several others.I believe Bill McCall,at Four Star Records,leased those
masters to Pickwick.The artists were the likes of Jimmy Dean,Patsy Cline,Maddox Brothers and Rose,
Charlie Ryan(of "Hot Rod Lincoln" fame),Wynn Stewart and Slim Willett of "Don't Let the Stars Get in
Your Eyes" fame from '53.Bob Sandy is the only TOPS country artist that comes to my mind at the pr-
esent.