[78-L] Barraud "Nipper" painting at auction in Maine

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sun Mar 21 15:36:39 PDT 2010

--
It's definitely a different painting: the dog's angle is different. But
there's another version of this "American picture" on

http://inventors.about.com/od/gstartinventions/ss/gramophone_2.htm

with Victor written on the side of the machine and everything, but here
the disc is bigger and the reflections clearer. I don't know where the
picture comes from, but it looks more like an original document than the
auction painting.
On the other hand: here's a "British Nipper" in front of a gramophone
with a small disc!

http://www.streamingoldies.com/content-images/rays/Nipper7.jpg

And here's what appears to be the American original: with dog the
British Way, Large disc, Victor written on the side of the machine - and
even reflected on the coffin!

http://images.google.se/imgres?imgurl=http://farbror-sid.se/image/e/081118-hmv-nipper.jpg&imgrefurl=http://farbror-sid.se/home/%3Fp%3D1549&usg=__3LT2AxrF6kTbqfEaDqCjvB9KIxg=&h=266&w=400&sz=23&hl=en&start=62&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=u4j4PzyATlEwZM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnipper%2Bvictor%26start%3D60%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1
Kristjan