[78-L] "have a crap" records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 20 12:58:47 PDT 2010

This reminds me of a number of mis-pressed LPs I've encountered over the years.
Most recent was a Beethoven 3rd Concerto on a late 50s Capitol pressing where
both sides were the second and third movements (I eventually found a corrected
version). A Canadian United Artists pressing of Stoky conducting "Schelomo" and
something by Paul Ben-Heim had Shloimy on both sides (one wasn't enough, and I
loathe that work as it is). A Quintessence LP was supposed to have Gershwin's
Rhapsody and Concerto in F but had other music entirely, and that one got
programmed on CHFI's Classics Till Dawn (who's going to bother sampling an LP
like that? I sure didn't)..and I think it ran 2 or 3 times before anybody called.

dl