[78-L] Strange see-thru pink 78

David London jusmee123 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 03:31:03 PDT 2010

I have discovered a strange plastic dark pink see-thru 78 at the bottom of a
bin of assorted 78s.  This crate contained stuff from various places, and
all eras (including a one-sided Gramophone Concert Record that's gotta be
from real early last century).

The label is "John Mystery's TOP POP" and the tracks are "Last Mile Home"
and "Love is a Beautiful Thing" by Kathie Lloyd and Don Boylan with Bob
Ramjan and his Rhythm.  One side still has a visible catalog number TP
1019A.  There are royalty stamps on it from D. Davis and Co P/L. It's in
terrible condition, just playable. The sound and style of the songs suggests
it's fairly modern.

I didn't know they ever made pink plastic 78s :)  Somehow I just know more
experienced people are going to have seen these plenty of times before, so
hope you don't mind me asking for a bit more info about it. Google didn't
seem to turn up anything.

Dave