[78-L] Miccolis Sisters

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Mar 16 19:50:26 PDT 2010

I only have 3 label images of the Miccolis Sisters.
Carey, don't you have some of their recordings for DeLuxe/King?

There is an interesting & amazing hillbilly-yodel broadcast recording by the Miccolis Sisters at:
http://tenwatts.blogspot.com/2009/12/mystery-transcription-77.html

And a good illustrated biography at:
http://www.hillbilly-music.com/groups/story/index.php?groupid=12175

Here their 4 DeLuxe 78s are listed:
      Rec. No. Side Song Title
        5025 A  Chime Bells
        5025 B  Barn-Yard Rag
        5027 A  Oh Mo'nah
        5027 B  Up, Up, Up
        5040 A  Boogie Woogie Yodel
        5040 B  Night Time Is The Right Time For Making Love
        5043 A  Truck Driver's Blues
        5043 B  I'm All Broke Out With Love

It is said that there are 2 recordings for King but these might be DeLuxe reissues.

Han Enderman
===
>>> I remembered that they recorded for DeLuxe.
DeLuxe
5040 Boogie Woogie Yodel.
5043 Truck Drivers Blues / I'm All Broke Out With Love.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Label, titles, approximate era?
dl

Thatcher Graham wrote:
> Does anyone on the list own any of the four 78s by the Miccolis
> Sisters?  I spoke to the one remaining sister who is almost 90 and asked
> me if I could make her a CD of her music. She no longer has her own 78s.
>
> -- Thatcher
<<<