[78-L] Auction Sticker Shock

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 12:15:00 PDT 2010

Is it really a surprise that rare jazz LPs are worth money? Donald Byrd on Transition, near mint? These only come around for sale every few years. You could run the same exercise on the pricier items in Kurt Nauck's auction catalog; people who don't know the 78 market would be surprised.

How much would a near-mint Charley Patton on Paramount go for? Clara Smith on Black Patti?