[78-L] Need Decca numbers

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 16 07:01:27 PDT 2010

Michael Biel wrote:
> Just got a cover image from Dan Nelson of Decca Album A-525 which is a
> 1947 re-issue of #18 Ye Old TIme Dance Party by Byron Wolfe & Orch.  I
> know that the original set were discs 2090-2094 and the re-issue had
> discs 25058-25062.  If someone has the Ruppli Decca set, the masters are
> listed on page 86 of volume one.  Are both sets of numbers listed with
> the masters?

Yes. It also looks as if two sides (2094, 25062..a medley) were dropped from
the LP issue, DL 5131 but not from the 45RPM issue 9-185.

> What's the recording date(s) and location (probably LA).

LA, August 19/38.

> What are the original matrix numbers and are there new matrix numbers
> for the re-issue?

Same matrix numbers, DLA 1420A/30A, with 1426 "Moon Winks" unissued.

> And what recordings of hum are listed on page 98?  (I
> have Ruppli Vol 6 which is the numerical and index.)

Album 56, 2561/5, DLA 1671/80, all old time medleys. Dec. 16/38. The album
title isn't shown and there's no reissue.

dl