[78-L] Need Decca numbers

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 15 22:26:50 PDT 2010

Just got a cover image from Dan Nelson of Decca Album A-525 which is a
1947 re-issue of #18 Ye Old TIme Dance Party by Byron Wolfe & Orch.  I
know that the original set were discs 2090-2094 and the re-issue had
discs 25058-25062.  If someone has the Ruppli Decca set, the masters are
listed on page 86 of volume one.  Are both sets of numbers listed with
the masters?  What's the recording date(s) and location (probably LA).
What are the original matrix numbers and are there new matrix numbers
for the re-issue?  And what recordings of hum are listed on page 98?  (I
have Ruppli Vol 6 which is the numerical and index.)

And I am especially now looking for an image of the original issue on
#18  to show both versions, and 18 is the lowest number non-classical
set I am missing.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com