[78-L] The Ramblers in Brussels ( 1945 - 1948)

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 03:25:33 PDT 2010

I heard the band every Tuesday night in 1938 on the radio program
"De Bonte Dinsdag Avond Trein"
They were very fine, even to the ears of a six year old.
I have lots of their recordings. Excellent dance music and decent jazz.
But for some crazy reason Rust chose not to include their output in his Jazz
discography.
His reasoning?"...he wrote...."as the personnel included no internationally
famous names ,except when Coleman Hawkins and Connie Boswell recorded with
them both q.v., it was decided to omit them from the present volume."
Patent nonsense. Many bands that were listed in the discography included
personnel that had no famous names. None!
A very strange inconsistency.

Al Simmons