[78-L] More Radio Recorders

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Sun Mar 14 16:21:54 PDT 2010

Looking at the first Radio Recorders link that Jim provides, I saw a
photo of pianist Dudley Brooks. I don’t recall reading any mention of
this but Brooks recorded for John Steiner but the sides were never
issued. The music from one or more sides is contained on a small reel
tape. I had this and another tape dubbed to cassettes.  Both tapes are
part of a batch of tapes made by a radio listener of jazz radio
programs in the L.A. area around 1950. The second tape contains a live
radio broadcast of Jack Teagarden with a pick up group. I have not had
the other tapes dubbed so I don’t know what’s on them