[78-L] Album Images Needed (2.1) Decca w. titles

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Mar 12 18:27:28 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> There are 2 Templeton albums on GSV and neither has a black velvet cover. One
> has rust, the other MAY be blue but is so faded it looks grey (it's dark blue
> on the back).

The one I have on a photo in front of me looks black but might be very,
very, very, dark blue, but the edge leading to the spine looks a little
faded to dark green.  It has silver engraved printing "In His
Incomparably Humorous MUSICAL IMPRESSIONS".  Unfortunately the label pic
I took is out of focus -- we were being rushed out.  What is interesting
is the snooty statement on the inside back that they won't sell
individual discs but will replace a broken one for a buck if you present
a shard with the label.  On the other hand, Victor proclaimed in a
supplement that any disc from any of their sets could be bought
separately.

Don Chichester wrote:
>>> I have it.  No picture, just a red album with printed label.

 >> dl:  Does it have a printed label like Don C mentions?

> Are we talking about Kostelanetz again? Standard Brunswick labels,
> gold print on red velvet for the cover.  dl

The reason I asked is because "printed label" could mean a paper label such as on the Columbia Royal Blue albums.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com