[78-L] Album Images Needed (1) Columbia, G.Schirmer

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Mar 9 22:50:29 PST 2010

Pardon the cross-posting.  I'm doing the image assembly for my ARSC
presentation of pre-April 1940 Album covers & sleeves, and am now
putting out calls for the remaining images needed.  I have been
amazingly successful in most of what I need, but there are some
tantalizing rare items that have escaped me but might be residing in
your collection or archive.  I would need a head-on picture of the
cover, but could also use any inside cover printings, booklet cover, and
a label shot that might help establish vintage of the edition at hand.
Here's the first installment

American Columbia
C-1  Tango Album Vol 1 (342-M - 347-M) Mantovani, etc
C-2  Tango Album Vol 2 (373-M - 378-M)  Misc
C-3  Rumba and Conga Album (351-M - 356-M)  Lecuona Cuban Boys, etc.
C-9  European Dance Album (310-M - 315-M)  Scott Wood and 6 Swingers,
Mantovani, etc.
C-4 or C-5 (catalogs differ!!) Limited Autographed edition of MacLeish's
Air Raid
Multi-color lithographed sleeves from late 20s -- several different
designs  --
   especially need Ted Lewis on Columbia and Seger Ellis on Okeh

G. Schirmer
Album 1  Harold Bauer at the Piano
Album 2  Rudolf Friml In Person (Highlights from Friml Operettas)
Album 3 (Rudolf Friml In Person (?)) Moods & Fancies

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com