[78-L] The last collector standing--WAS: The most commonly found 78s, was Re: 1st Family

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Mar 8 18:23:14 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> We haven't done this for a while.
> Steven C. Barr wrote:

Indeed, 78's in general can hardly be called "common" here in the
21st Century...?!

However, there should be a mention of the Victor of "Barcelona"/ "On
thr Riviera" (T think I have that pairing right...?!); back when I was
looking
through MANY more accumulations of 78's, a copy of the above seemed
to be included EVERY time...?!

Side issue: perhaps we (78-L) need to create/set up a web site suffesting
that us collectors ensure that our vast hordes/hoards of shellac be PROPERLY
disposed of (sold, or donated to institutions,or...?!) rather than simply
being
carried out to the curb for "land-filling"...?!

IIRC, the average age among us "78-ellers" is WELL into "senior-citizen-
hood?!" The unexpected death of Jeff Healey decreases "the number of
young 78 collectors" by one! It is very possible that in 20-25 years the
"group of 78 collectors" will have diminished to one hapless soul who
will then own ALL the known 78's (but may no longer have a way to
play them...?!)...?!

Steven C. Barr