[78-L] Japanese Shirley Temple

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:22:57 PST 2010

I was at a bookstore in Coral Gables today and found a book written by a
collector of all things Shirley Temple.  Among the 250 pages of
illustrations was the picture of a label of a commercial recording by ST.
It is Japanese Polydor 2409 recorded "at the height of her popularity."  The
side pictured listed four songs in Japanese.  The text said that Shirley,
who was very popular in Japan, had recorded Japanese children's songs and
had sung them using phonetic pronunciations.  I don't know if this was a 78
or an EP.  Anybody ever seen this one?