[78-L] Coolidge^

N7MW at aol.com N7MW at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 15:37:40 PST 2010

A variation on the advice I once received prior to what promised to be  a
long business meeting to 'never miss an opportunity to empty what's full  and
fill what's empty'...

In a message dated 3/8/2010 4:25:51 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk writes:

buster  wrote:
> Coolidge was a New Englander, which goes a long way towards  explaining
his taciturn approach to the world.

> My Great-Uncle  Ransom Carver, born in 1902 here in Boston, was taken by
Great-Grandfather to  visit the President - how this came about is lost, but
certainly the White  House was far more accessible in those days, and
Great-Grandfather was a  prominent attorney from an old New England family.
Having just graduated  Harvard, Uncle Ran asked President Coolidge if he had any
advice for a young  man just starting out in the world.

> Coolidge reflected for a  moment, then replied "Never pass up an
opportunity to use the  restroom."

> Good advice, presidential or not, and our family  has followed it ever
since.
This sounds like a variation  on some advice given by a friend: "Do like
royalty, go whenever you  can!"

Julian Vein

__________  Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
signature database 4926  (20100308) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart  Security.

http://www.eset.com

78-L  mailing  list
78-L at klickitat.78online.com