[78-L] It's back and it makes threats!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Mar 7 07:24:38 PST 2010

Jim Whipkey wrote:

>> I got  a reply back from pdwiniarski  which read like this,  exactly,  the
>> typos are not mine:  "But if I sell my rare set with original seal and no
>> scratches records, then what.

What does he mean by "original seal"?  What original seal????  It is an
extremely used album.  The corners of the cover are all dented up, and
the cover is quite scratched up itself.  And as for the "no scratches
record" -- the disc he shows is WORN!  It is VERY grayed.  It is V- at
the very best.  He has mis-described it as a box set.  Columbia DID use
boxes in the late 40s, and his photo clearly shows that this is not one
of them.

>> Will you put yours on sale and for how
>> much.  Have you ever looked into what the value would be.

Certainly the answer is yes.  As a matter of fact, I know several
professional apprasers who could come back with an answer of $1.00 .

>>  So many people
>> out there take what they think is junk and sell for pennies then other
>> people actually buy it and sell if and make money.

He is describing himself, but in mirror.  This already is at least the
second time he has posted this because it remained unsold already at
least once.

>>  You say you have two,
>> what condition?

Certainly better than his.  I rarely see copies of things like this in
such poor condition.
>>  have they ever been played.

His is demonstrably NOT mint.
>>  Are you sure their identicle?

It is not hard to figure our their identicalness, but he has a point
there.  You might not be able to figure out if their identicle or even
what that word means.

>> Is it a rerecording?

Actually his is a dub because all Columbias of that era are.

>>  Scratches?
Boy are his copies worn.

>>  But in the future, please do not send me
>> a question that borders rude.  I'll report you to ebay.  And I am a very
>> nice person, I really don't deserve it."
>>
>> Obviously I  cannot reply to this  seller.   I surely do not want to be
>> reported to ebay.
I think if the guy dared try to challenge you he would be banned, not
you.  Jim, I think you ought to report him.  Your comment did not even
come close to even bordering rude, but his reply is not only rude, it is
abusive, and as you cited in your subject line, threatening.  I think
there would be a lot of us willing to back you up.  I certainly will.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com