[78-L] Session Six

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Sat Mar 6 11:11:30 PST 2010

Julian Vein says: “Geoffrey, Thanks for all that background of which I
should've been awar --I have a
bookmark to that site! It looks like the review copy of 12-008 may have
been the only one that got released. Seems to have been an industrial
hazard with Session--only one out of two Pete Browns and Trummy Youngs
also!”

Yes, the Session label is fascinating for what it did issue and with
what labels, and what it didn’t. I have found the Session website very
informative, particularly Konrad Nowakowski’s contributions. I have
some of the Sesson releases, but did not realize how complicated the
label’s history was until I hit upon this website. I think I have one
of the 12-inch Session releases and thought it did not play well.