[78-L] Victor S- series (Was: 5 Prayers of Moses)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Mar 5 19:14:59 PST 2010

Randy Watts wrote:
> It's probably RCA Victor set S-60, "Prayers of Moses," by Moshe Koussevitzky.
>
> Randy

THANK YOU!!!!!!  Where did you find this listing?  Do you have it or do
you have it listed in a catalog or discography?  I have been unable to
find a listing for it other than an Israeli CD which seems to be sourced
from three different recordings from the sound quality and
instrumentation on the sample clips.

Is there a listing of the S series albums?  All I see is the Rosenblatt
S-48 in the 1948 catalog, and I happen to have that album.  I also
somewhere have an album by Stephen Wise with broken discs, and I suppose
it also is in the S series.  And then I also have an empty album marked
"Victor Library of Recorded Music" which looks to be of a type Victor
provided for a uniform set of albums shown in a small shelving unit in
the July 1937 Victor monthly supplement, and a similar shelving unit in
a G.Schirmer brochure for a post-war September.  I thought these albums
were unmarked, but the one I have is numbered S-38.

Did these albums of uniform design have anything to do with the Carnegie
Foundation library collection?

Is there a listing of the S- series?  The 48 catalog notes these as
International.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mvbiel.com