[78-L] Capitol Compact 33s

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 20:39:28 PST 2010

The last Capitol album I could find noted in Ruppli's Capitol discography as being issued as what he calls a "7 in. LP" was Merle Haggard's SOMEDAY WE'LL LOOK BACK, from 1971. From the mid-late 1960s on the format seems to have been used exclusively for "adult pop" artists and country music material.

For whatever reason, the CD reissue of Judy Garland's THE GARLAND TOUCH album has the "Capitol Compact 33" logo across the top of the CD.

Randy