[78-L] KKK records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Feb 28 16:26:00 PST 2010

Han Enderman wrote:
> Sutton-Nauck ARLC says
> (p112): "The Rodeheaver Record Company (Rainbow) also issued Klan material
> on its Special personal label in the mid-1920s.",

It depends on how you define "issued".  I see an item about a Special
record (no number or artist given) of  "The Stuttering Klansman" and
"The Klansman and the Rain".  Of course Rainbow is not Special.  Rainbow
was Rodeheaver's commercial record company label, and Special was a
label used when a private individual contracts the recording company as
a recording facility to make a private record for their own use,  If
Rodeheaver wanted to issue the record for sale, it would have been on
Rainbow.  Something on Special is like something printed in a Kinkos.
> and a little more on p.179.
>
> The elephant pictured on (Gnt/KKK) 75007-A (mx 11921, just after Morton's 11907-17)
> has letters GOP on its side and subsequently I found that the term
> "Grand Old Party" is a traditional nickname for the Republican Party.
>
> Han Enderman
> ===

Of course I do not have a very high regard for the Republican Party, but
what makes this a KKK record?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com