[78-L] KKK records

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 11:48:05 PST 2010

Malcolm Smith wrote:
> 'He who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it', a quote from
> Georges Santayana, a philosophy professor at the University of
> Chicago nearly a hundred years ago (I may have it a little wrong).
> Will we never learn. It's very important that we have access to not
> only information about the KKK but an understanding of the fact that
> many people accepted it or at the very least tolerated it. This is
> equally true of Mein Kampf and what took place before and during WW2.
> There is a lot of removal of controversial material from American
> academic writing these days. Very unfortunate. Will we never learn.
>
> Malcolm Smith.
..,.which brings us back to the Texas Book Depository!

There are things that I may want to find out about, such as the KKK and
the Nazis, which should pose no threat to "those in charge". However,
there is no reason why I should want to Google or read about "bomb
making equipment".

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4903 (20100228) __________

http://www.eset.com