[78-L] KKK

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 28 10:25:08 PST 2010

"In the 1956 film "Storm Center" Bette Davis played a small-town
librarian who is branded as a Communist by local politicians when she
refuses to withdraw a controversial book from the library's shelves. I
think the book was "The Communist Manifesto".

Her defence was that because the Library of Congress held a copy of
"Mein Kampf" didn't make them Nazis.

Julian Vein"

Bravo, Mr. Vain. I am so tired of the few self righteous and seemingly oh! so clever people on this list who have to find ANY reason to tar people as fascists, reactionaries or bigots.

BTW, according to the book on Gennett Records (senior moment), the Gennett recording director was a Catholic and a valued member of team. He caused great waves by quitting rather than presiding over a KKK recording session. Revenge is sweet!

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org udmacon1 at hotmail.com  Since 1973!
PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
(LO)(O)K!! Benefit for WCNY-FM and the "Bluegrass Ramble" radio show! Sat. Feb. 27th, Kellish Farm, 3192 Pompey Center Rd., Manlius NY. (1/2 Mi. north of Rt. 20). 1 pm to 10 pm. 16 bluegrass & oldtime country acts! 315-682-1578. See ya there!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me