[78-L] Talking Machine World and Tim Gracyk

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Sat Feb 27 14:57:44 PST 2010

Excellent sources for information about and from Talking Machine World
may be found in issues of Victrola and 78 Journal published by Tim
Gracyk. Some years back, I purchased copies of all 13 issues. Perhaps
copies are still available from Tim. Another source is The Encyclopedia
of Popular American Recoding Pioneers: 1895-1925. Published at $35, it
may still be available. This is a fascinating resource and fun reading.
It is spiral bound so it lays flat.  Tim has also published two
complete issues of Talking Machine World from 1916 in a spiral-bound
book, originally published at $28. Consult the Internet for information
on how to order any of these items. Although I haven’t checked e-bay,
Amazon,  or  Book Finder, they may prove useful sources, as well.