[78-L] KKK records

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Feb 26 19:47:43 PST 2010

Correction (it's getting late here): of course I meant that 100% 5/6 is common.
Vaughan 825-A contains:
Vaughan Quartet / Pano Acc. by Shaw: Wake Up, America / and / Kluck, Kluck Kluck (Seale-Pace).
Reverse is p solo by Shaw.

Han Enderman
===
>>> The recording cards confirm a link between well-known Southern Gospel legends, James David and Glenn Keifer Vaughan and their
financial support for and performance on some Ku Klux Klan recordings. The recording cards show that two matrices series were
recorded in Richmond between 7 and 9 April 1924. On 7 and 9 April matrices 11829-11836 were recorded for Vaughan's label with the
Vaughan Quartette featuring G. Keifer Vaughan, Vaughan & Seale and Theodore Shaw. On 8 April 1924, none of the 11800 series were
recorded; rather the matrices from that day are from the K-Series, which also included two entries from the 7th, K-9, K-10 and
K-11. The entry on K-11 reports the artist as only "? Solo & Quartette" performing "Wake Up America" written by "Seale--Pace." In
the "Remarks" section of K-11 it states "Special K.K.K. Label (Charge to Vaughan)." Whether the tune was ever released has not yet
been determined.
<<<