[78-L] KKK records

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Feb 26 19:23:33 PST 2010

I will send images of KKK 75005-A/B & 75006-B.
I have not seen labels above 75008.
Nauck auction 42 #4544 is:
KKK 75006 100% Americans: Daddy Swiped Our Last Clean Sheet And Joined The Ku Klux Klan // The Gathering Klan.

My 100% label images start with 4/5 (common) and then there is nothing until 28/29.
Poss. others were not on 100%, since K-26/27 is like a Gnt custom pressing (if I'm right).
Nauck cat. 42 #4556 is:
Imperial Quintette (KKK) K-26/27 Imperial Quintette of Lansing, Michigan: In The Light Of The Fiery Cross // The Fiery Cross In The Vale

and the label (K-26) is illustrated (and I saved it at the time, so

ALWAYS look at the images & contents of the Nauck auction pdf files !).`

Han Enderman

===

>>>    Of late I have been focusing on the Klan recordings that were
recorded and pressed by Gennett from c. 1923 to c. 1928. So far the
label names I've documented are 100%, Elephant, Hitch, KKK, Our Song,
Wake Up and various items from the Gennett 20000 Personal series plus
one item in the Sound Effects / Electrical Transcription series. And
there may be more.

   There are gaps in the two main series and some of the matrix numbers
without are not of Gennett origin. I have heard that possibly Homer
Rodeheaver also recorded Klan material but have not been able to
document any.

   I show just one issue in the KKK 20000 series (20004). There are
possibly 4 or more issues in this series still unaccounted for (20000,
20001, 20002 & 20003 and maybe 20005 and over). The first 5 numbers in
the KKK 75000 series, beginning with 75001 are all accounted for, as is
75008.
   75006 & 75007, as well as any higher than 70008, are still
unaccounted for.

   The 100% label is even sketchier in that although the issue numbers
go higher there are fewer that are consecutive. The first two I show
(K-5/K-6 and K-29/K-30) are possibly not from Gennett. K-31 is still
unaccounted for but K-32/K-33 is known to be a Gennett product. All
other numbers up to K-41 are also Gennett products. As you can see there
are gaping holes in the series (K-1 to K-4, and K-7 to K-28 and any
above K-41 are all still unaccounted for).

   Anyone having info on any of the missing issues please contact me.
I'm also seeking a possible collector that specializes in this sort of
material (I know, I know... distasteful as the racist content of these
recordings may be to many collectors there surely must be someone who
has knowledge in this area).

   All info and referrals gratefully accepted!

    Mal Rockwell
<<<