[78-L] Rex Hollywood

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Fri Feb 26 13:12:08 PST 2010

Jeff Sultanoff says: “Andrew Homzy should also be credited for his
contribution to that project. I
confess he is a good friend, but he is also an excellent scholar on
Ellington and Mingus. He was the one who 'discovered'  and reconstructed
Mingus' "Epitaph," regardless of what Gunther Schuller says.”

Good to know. The Mingus “Epitaph” CD set was the very first CD I
bought. I didn’t even have a CD player at the time but I thought it
would go out of print quickly and wanted to make sure I had a copy.