[78-L] Last Columbia 78s was Re: Last Canadian Columbia 78

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Feb 26 12:10:04 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Michael Biel wrote:
>> David Lennick wrote:
>>> (C4-3008, The Jarvis Street Revue "Tambourine" may be the highest one I
>>> have).
>>>
>>> dl
>> Depends on what drugs they were on.
>> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
>> _____________________________________
> On Jarvis Street, whatever they could get, man. Reminds me that I used to
> be
> recording "Night Camp" and occasionally the back entrance would be open
> and
> we'd hear hookers and johns arguing at full volume.

C4-3008 would appear to be one of the last issues in the Columbia(C) C-
series?
I have one in the high 2900's. This series would appear to have been used
for
Canadian recordings by this point...?!

What are the matrix numbers on this record? My C29** has matrices whose
numbers
suggest they were recorded in Montreal...!

Steven C. Barr