[78-L] Last Columbia 78s was Re: Last Canadian Columbia 78

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 26 07:47:35 PST 2010

At 02:51 26/02/2010, Han wrote:
>This was discussed on 78-L in 2005 and I saved the following info,
>so we would know forever:
>
>"What is the latest catalog # for 78s on the Canadian Columbia label? Were
>the 1958 and '59 issues all country music or were there some pop
>issues thrown
>in as well?
>
>Five Blobs is 41250. Waterloo is 41393. I asked because I just got a copy of
>"Five Feet High & Rising"/"I Got Stripes" by Johnny Cash which is 41427 and
>charted beginning in August 1959. That's the latest one I've seen; the Horton
>(Battle of New Orleans) is 41339.
>Cary Ginell"

I am lucky enough to have both The Blob and Waterloo on 78 as well as
a recently acquired Les Paul and Mary Ford from 58. I may add the
Johnny Cash if the price doesn't get stupid.

That said -- and I'm sure this was discussed before, but hey its
snowing and I don't have much else to do --

What was the last US Columbia 78?

What was the last US Columbia sourced record issued in the UK by Philips on 78?