[78-L] Rex Hollywood

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Fri Feb 26 03:16:06 PST 2010

Regarding an Art Tatum album issued on ARA, David Lennick says: “It's
listed in the Tatum Discography as on ARA, Rex or Rem (I forget and
don't
have the book handy), plus the 9766 LP issues on labels like Black
Lion.”

I think this exchange on Rex Hollywood and sister labels has been most
helpful because it brings forth evidence in a public forum of a direct
link between ARA and Rex/REM/Metro Hollywood that is more than Rex et
al simply licensing ARA product for reissue. I have the Wingy Manone
sides on ARA, Rex, and Metro, the Tatum album on ARA, plus most of the
jazz content on ARA singles.