[78-L] Nina Mae McKinney

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 01:05:31 PST 2010

Julian Vein wrote:
> Just been watching a TV Sky Arts 2 programme that I'd recorded
> "Addressing The Nation", a GPO film about the BBC from 1936 (?). It
> includes some Henry Hall, but also includes a performance of "Dinah" by
> Nina Mae McKinney and Garland Wilson. It's available as a DVD at
> http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/scripts/collection.pl?collID=493
> Rather expensive though!
>
>       Julian Vein
===========
Perhaps not so expensive--it's a double, and includes 15 films. The BBC
one is interesting because it includes some technical stuff such as
rehearsing, sound effects, relays to regional transmitters,
co-ordinating regional transmissions. Also appearances by George Bernard
Shaw, H.G. Wells, G.K. Chesterton and J.B. Priestley. Also Eric
Maschwitz in his pre-"A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square" days.

Henry Hall is seen getting ready to play "Buddy's Wednesday Outing", but
it never happens!

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4896 (20100225) __________

http://www.eset.com