[78-L] Van Alexander-MBRB-Getz

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Feb 22 14:44:09 PST 2010

Yet another reissue of “Blue Rhythm Blues” from the Van Alexander Mills
Blue Rhythm Band  recording date May 20, 1947 is included as track 14
on Masters of Jazz MJCD 144: Stan Getz Volume 2: Teenage Stan,
1946-1947. All four Masters of Jazz volumes issued of Getz performances
offer good transfers, and are well worth having. There is no volume 5
because the series ended. I believe it was collection director,
Christian Bonnet, I spoke with by phone in Paris. Interestingly, he was
a banker and wine collector. I think he could definitely have told
Eddie Condon how to jump on a grape!