[78-L] fwd: Art van Damme

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Feb 20 19:06:13 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Sultanof" <jeffsultanof at gmail.com>
> What is interesting about the accordion, the instrument that many children
> studied when I was a boy, was that it was (and may still be) available as
> synthesizer/electronic keyboard back in the eighties. I once went to a
> wedding where the musician hired played one of these things, and I was
> most
> impressed. The instrument samples were rather good (he could sound like a
> string or woodwind section), and he also had a drum sampler as I recall.
> Talk about one-man band.

Back in my youth (fifties), there was an operation that sold accordions
and lessons thereon to unsuspecting parents who apparently visualized
their offspring as "accordion STARS"...?! I have NO idea how many
seldom-played accordions now languish in attics/basements/outbuildings
...eh?!

Steven C. Barr