[78-L] Repeat e-mails

goldenbough at arcor.de goldenbough at arcor.de
Fri Feb 19 10:32:31 PST 2010

I had Ronny Busse on the phone about those hundreds of emails that people got.
He told me that the problem is now solved.
Some hackers had initially taken over his server which is located at, and run by
one of the largest providers in Germany (STRATO). This company took the server
off-line, but the problem was not solved, because the hackers continued to send
out emails from Hong Kong.
Himself, he receivced some 7,000 emails.
He says that he had to pay the STRATO experts 3,000 euros (4,000+ $) to finally
have the Hong Kong server stopped, which took 2 days in all due to the time lag
and legal problems that had to be solved internationally. During that time his
business was completely inoperable, because the computer was off.
For what it's worth...
Benno

Immer auf dem Laufenden! Sport, Auto, Reise, Politik und Promis. Von uns für Sie: der neue Arcor.de-Newsletter!
Jetzt anmelden und einfach alles wissen: http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.newsletter