[78-L] Dave Lambert [was Alice Hall [was Art van Damme]]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 10:08:16 PST 2010

Jeff Sultanof wrote:
  > It's a pity that Capitol didn't know what to do with Lambert and his 12
> piece choir. The session they made for Capitol on the bebop series should be
> reissued, and I've spoken to Mike and Scott at Mosaic about it. The problem
> is that they don't know what else to reissue to make a full CD.
>
> Jeff Sultanof
-----------------------
These four plus the two Stafford duets, plus the Alice Halls (perhaps
include the 4 unissued titles by her). That's twelve for starters. How
about Tex Williams's "Artistry In Western Swing"? Gloria Wood's "Hey
Bellboy!" session? Then there's Art Van Damme's "After You've
Gone"/"Limehouse Blues". Oddly enough, Lord only lists the latter. I
have them on Seeeth Eeefrikahn Capitol CT.3162. Nineteen titles so far!
Perhaps the CD should be called "Twee Bop"?

There are some Lambert Sittin' In With sides that haven't been CDed.

I must be one of the few people to only have three of the Lambert
Capitol sides. I have one US Capitol and one English Capitol, which
crossbacks one of the sides!

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4882 (20100220) __________

http://www.eset.com