[78-L] Broadway albums in Canada

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 19 07:18:37 PST 2010

Michael Biel wrote:

> An interesting thing about the Call Me Madam LP is that they do not list
> who sings which songs on either the labels or the jacket.  They listed
> them on the 78 labels, right?

Good question..my album isn't where I can put my hands on it right now. I
always got the impression that RCA did cast albums under protest and did
everything they could do let you know it, at least till the 60s. Overtures were
omitted or heavily chopped, performers names sometimes appeared only as
surnames in tiny print on the label (just try and figure who's singing half the
songs on "Fanny"), plot summaries..who cares about those? Capitol was just as bad.