[78-L] Joe Meek, Bad Penny Blues and Boo Woo

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Feb 16 16:31:24 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> Michael Biel wrote:
>
>> David Lennick wrote:
>>
>>> If you could find your way in here (it's off limits to US customers), it's on
>>> an old compilation I've put into Naxos Online:
>>> http://www.naxosmusiclibrary.com/jazz/preview/catalogueinfo.asp?catID=RX041&path=1
>>>
>>> dl
>>>

>> It looks like it IS now available to subscribers in the U.S.
>>
>> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
>>

> Good..I actually get paid for that stuff. Second quarter royalties, about 200
> bucks and that's for close to 200 titles online. See, you DO get rich doing
> these things..
>
> By the way, Mr. Biel, I found a "special thanks to Michael Biel" credit on the
> Orson Welles Macbeth CD I did for Pearl in 1998. Any idea what you did to rate
> this? And I suppose you'll want a copy?
>
> dl

I supplied you with the cast listing from the elaborate classroom book
that was published to be keyed to the records.  I have been wondering
ever since if this was the same booklet as what they supplied in the
album itself.  Every copy of the albums I've seen has an empty pocket.
These that I have are quite elaborate, and were available for classroom
use in quantity.  They have costume sketches by Welles in the margins,
stitched bindings although not hardbound, and are 48 pages or more.

And yes, I would LOVE a copy.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com