[78-L] Baldwin -Val Ernie

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Feb 16 11:15:35 PST 2010

Many thanks,  Han.  I have 496/497 which are back-to-back.  I wonder what
the other side of  495 might be?

It was interesting to Google both Alfred Feltman and Val Ernie.   The record
sounds to be from around 1936-37 and the band has a good sort of "hotel"
sound,  with some Hawaiian guitar and some odd glug-glugging on a baritone
sax,  which reminded me of  a cartoon soundtrack of some underwater
adventure.

Each side has a spoken announcement at the end,  noting that you've just
heard whichever song it was composed by Alfred Feltman.  No mention of the
band.  I am sure these Feltman sides were private issues which he
commissioned.  They must have been recorded in Florida as well,  but who
knows where.

The #585 Han listed by a Haitian group...one would assume that was a Florida
recording as well.  I'd love to learn more about the label and what else is
on it.

Taylor