[78-L] Birdland Label

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 16 07:42:25 PST 2010

[Re-sending..for some reason it turned up minus the first line in one of my
mailboxes and intact in the other. Plus I can correct one word.]

I've had the Black Deuce 78s..probably should have held out for a better deal
but I got what I thought was a good trade at the time and kept digital
transfers. The sound is far better than on the Roulette "Echoes of an Era" set
where they appeared in the 70s (not sure which "Echoes" set it is at the
moment). I've never seen the other LP versions. As I recall, my 78s came in an
unmarked 3-pocket album.

dl