[78-L] PLAYING DISCS WET

Doug Pomeroy pomeroyaudio at att.net
Tue Feb 16 07:30:50 PST 2010

I was referring to playing "acetates".  The benefit of playing worn
LPs wet wet is very small or nil, in my experience.

DOug

===============================

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:13:03 +0100
From: "Milan P Milovanovic" <milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [78-L] PLAYING DISCS WET,	was Re:  Removing hiss - yet
	another idea
To: <78-l at 78online.com>

> NOTE, I always add a small amount of surfactant (Kodak Photo-Flo,
> or a few drops of liquid detergent) to the water to help it wet the
> groove
> totally (prevent "beading"), and I use a sable paint brush to
> spread the
> water in the grooves in front of the stylus while playing the disc
> (and yes,
> of course I always rinse the disc with distilled water when I'm done).

Hello Doug,

are you doing this while playing vinyl records or acetate discs, right?

Best wishes,

Milan

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services
Transfers of metal masters, lacquers,
shellac and vinyl discs & tapes.
193 Baltic St
Brooklyn, NY 11201-6173
(718) 855-2650
pomeroyaudio at att.net

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
---Albert Einstein