[78-L] Al Duffy

Scott scott at mosaicrecords.com
Mon Feb 15 13:15:01 PST 2010

Well, I knew I should've checked with the Bix maven Albert Haim before
posting Al Duffy's death. Just got this from Albert.

Hello Scott,

Good to hear from you.

Al Duffy died on Dec 22, but not 2009, it was in 2006. So he was 100 years
old. We discussed this in the Bix forum, at the time. Here is the SSDI
listing

ADOLPH DAIDONE Born 20 Sep 1906 Died 22 Dec 2006 (P) 07728 (Freehold,
Monmouth, NJ)

Since I have your attention, I'll ask. What is the status of the Red Nichols
set of CDs?

Regards

Albert

PS As far as I know no survivors among those who knew Bix.  I heard of a
case of someone who saw Bix in a concert as a child or youngster and is
still alive. But no one who actually knew Bix personally.