[78-L] "Value" of 78s

Eric Goldberg ericgoldie2 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 14 13:12:23 PST 2010

________________________________
They probably were in the store for a hundred years considering the asking price.

Eric

This is/was my point! Almost all "thrift stores" charge $1 for 78's (on
the increasingly rare chances they HAVE any! I do/did have one
annoying exception...a local such emporium had about a dozen 78's
including one I needed....they had them priced at *$10* apiece...?!
When I asked, I was told "Oh, no...these are a century old (?!) and
are VERY valuable antiques!" I have NO idea how long the records
sat there (or whether some equally disconnected-from-reality idi...er,
person, bought them intending to put them onto eWotsit for $100 per
each...?!).

Steven C. Barr