[78-L] Canada Domestic series catalog prefixes

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 14 09:30:01 PST 2010

In the mention of Sparton releasing stuff from various US indies and
my mention of a late Mexico only Columbia 78 from 1960, I also got to
thinking about releases by the majors (for want of a better term)
such as Capitol, Decca, RCA, and Columbia in Canada and their
domestically signed output. I am particularly interested in the 1950 output

Now I know that in the 45 era, Capitol had the 72000 series, and
Columbia had the C4- and E4- (for Epic) series. If not mistaken, the
C4- series was the C- in the 78 era. Don't know about the E4- series
though. I do know that RCA Victor had a 56- series, but I don't know
if that was Quebec only. I have come across a label called RCA Victor
Canada International that had a 57- series but I think that was after
the 78 era.

But what about Capitol and Decca. Did they have any series for local
signings in the the late 78 era?