[78-L] Canadian Harmony and Velvet Tone

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Feb 12 16:23:36 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>
> Steven Barr wrote:
> Both Harmony and VT were also pressed in Canada, BTW...!
> ---
> Late VTs state on label "Reg. U.S.Pat  Off. / Reg. in Canada",
> and often also "ELECTRICAL PROCESS" or "Electrically Recorded".
> There are several legends along the lower rim.
> Were these issued in US and Canada, or are there special Canadian
> pressings?
> I have seen a single Canadian Harmony label, issued before VT was started.
> Is it known which issues were released on Canadian Harmony?

Canadian Harmonys only differed in the first year or so of the label. US
Harmonys
were "55 cents West Of the Rockies," while Canadian ones read "...West Of
the
Great Lakes." The late Brian Boyd had a theory that Canadian Ha/VT were
always made from the "G" mother; I have no idea whether that was/is correct.

In later years, Canadian VT's were always identified as such.

Steven C. Barr