[78-L] Benny Goodman 12/8/34 Lacquer

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:17:22 PST 2010

Dr. B,

I don't think so -- "Love is Just Around the Corner" is a bit too common a title for my resources, but as you probably know BG also made a studio recording of "Georgia Jubilee" around that time, and that is the one you see on reissues.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

Michael Biel wrote:
> A few weeks ago I mentioned that I have the third lacquer disc that Joe
> Lippman had recorded of his arrangements on Benny Goodman's first two
> Nabisco Let's Dance programs on NBC Dec 1 and 8, 1934.  Mort Savada
> owned the other two which were listed in the Hicks and Connor books and
> have been reissued.  My disc is from Dec 8 and contains Love Is Just
> Around the Corner and Georgia Jubilee.  Have these been issued
> anywhere?  (They certainly have been played!)
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
They're not shown in Lord 10.0 as issued or even existing.
      Julian Vein