[78-L] Velvet Tone 7000 series

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 12 07:26:32 PST 2010

The Columbia books list only the Harmony issue for 143333 and most other
matrices recorded on January 19-21 1927, assuming that you'll find them on VT
and Diva equivalents with the usual step-up in numbers. Interestingly enough,
there are Columbia issues among these same sessions, by Freddie Rich, the Ipana
Troubadors and the Giersdorf Sisters, so these would have been recorded
electrically and on different equipment. Odd that they aren't on separate
blocks of matrix numbers.

Quite a few Uncle Josh recordings were released late, it seems..as well, some
have early numbers like A865, A1743 etc. while still recorded in June 1919.
Replacements for older recordings, no doubt, but not using the old matrix
numbers. Rust doesn't show VT numbers for A3701.

dl