[78-L] Removal of hiss - a different approach

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Feb 11 10:23:23 PST 2010

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
> If the record is damaged by a wet play, cleaning it would be a good
> thing to do for some other issue, but not for correcting the surface damage.
>
> joe salerno

And you have to make sure the record is ABSOLUTELY dry before playing
it.  Don't wait till you want to play it to clean it.  Dampness might
also be a problem.  Years ago I noticed a problem when playing a wartime
Decca on a highly humid day.  I could dig my fingernail into the
record.  It's a test I occasionally use before playing things like that.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com