[78-L] Removing hiss^

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Feb 8 09:06:08 PST 2010

Mike Biel comments: Isn't that what Tricky Dick Nixon did about 60
years ago?

When Nixon’s White House tapes came up for evaluation as a collection,
several experts were called in to examine the tapes and listen to some
of them. One of those listeners asked where I thought most of the tapes
came from. I said: “I dunno, an audio store or distributor?” “No,” he
said. “These were the cheapest tapes available purchased from one or
several drug stores near the White House. When the White House needed
to replenish these tapes, aides were sent out to a drug store to buy
them” To his credit, Nixon did vow to save taxpayers money. Some of the
money saved may have gone to fund Chuck Colson’s pension. Nixon’s
legacy lives on in the Tea Party party and Sarah (I can see Russia from
my back deck) Palin.