[78-L] Removing hiss - yet another idea

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 03:44:13 PST 2010

When I'm restoring I start with a stereo file and sometimes see noise in
one channel and not in the other, which is useful, cut'n'paste the good
bit.

Now,

David Burnham wrote

"the main problem with all noise reduction systems: how do you
distinguish between signal and noise? "

That got me thinking. If you have two 78s of the same recording the
music is the same, but the noise is different, and likely different all
the way through.

So has someone invented a computer program that compares the two
recordings and just saves the sound that is COMMON to both? i.e. the
music?

Let me have a share in the new patent, please :o))

--
John Wright