[78-L] 15, 000 opera 78s for $12K: 2 competing dealers - Frederick Md vs L Holdridge

Randy Skretvedt forwardintothepast at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 00:53:16 PST 2010

Steve Shapiro wrote:
> How many collectors keep their collections on shelves in warehouses?

To which David Lennick wittily replied:

>Ahem.

I have around 30,000 discs in "The Barn" in my back yard--a 10 x 28' storage structure built by Tuff Shed. (Sorry, the company hasn't yet made inroads to Pennsylvania and points northeast yet, but I'm sure there's an equivalent.)  I had them put double the usual amount of metal supports under the floorboards; I've had it for almost 7 years and all is well.  I put lots of insulation behind the drywall, and it stays cool and dry inside whether it's raining or 90 degrees outside.  One side of shelves is mainly LPs, the other is mainly 78s, with a couple of carousels and two cabinets housing the CDs.  The various artists LPs and CDs are grouped by shared theme, and discs by individual artists are filed alphabetically.

Randy Skretvedt